For eleven years, Brad Clark has focused on advocating for the accused in the Bluegrass state. He started as a state court public defender in Lexington, KY, then transitioned as an appointed counsel in death penalty cases and was recently in private practice. He joined the Suhre & Associates team in 2020 and is dedicated to providing great service to our clients.
Brad received his undergraduate degree from Washington University in St. Louis and attended law school at the University of Kentucky. Brad has tried over thirty cases to juries, on charges ranging from misdemeanors to murder. Practicing law isn’t the only venture he’s pursued. In 2016, he created an app that has helped over 10,000 Kentuckians in the criminal expungement process.
His work on the app, Unconvicted.com, has been featured in USA Today, the Atlantic’s City Beat and the Wall Street Journal. Brad is the recipient of the 2018 Kentucky Bar Association YLD Outstanding Young Lawyer Award and the 2017 UK College of Law Young Professional Award. He also serves as the Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (KACDL) President.
When Brad is not representing our clients with the best possible defense, he enjoys outdoor activities like running, hiking and biking. You can also find him building the latest LEGO design with his kids.
Awards and Honors
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, President — 2020-2021.
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, President-Elect — 2019.
- Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Outstanding Young Lawyer — 2018.
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Vice President — 2018.
- UK College of Law Alumni Association Young Professional Award — 2017.
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Board of Directors — 2016.
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court, Barrister — 2016.
- Innocence Project National Forensics College Scholarship Recipient — 2015.
- Trial Lawyers College Death Penalty Defense Program Scholarship Recipient — 2014.
Selected Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Digital Marketing Ethics, Kentucky Justice Association CLE — 2019.
- Unconvicted: How Expungement Affects Almost Every Practice Area, KBA Annual Conference — 2018.
- Ethical Social Media Marketing, Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Summer Update — 2018.
- Expunging and Vacating Convictions in Kentucky, Fayette County Bar Association Summer CLE — 2017.
- Social Technology Entrepreneurship, Centre College Convocation, Danville, KY — 2017.
- Expunging Convictions in Kentucky, UK College of Law Legal Clinic — 2017.
- Web Apps for Justice, Lawyerist Podcast: Episode 80: — 2016.
- Expunging and Vacating Convictions in Kentucky, Central Kentucky American Inn of Court, 2016.
- Aggravated Kidnapping, Kentucky Death Penalty Defense Manual — 2016.
- Cross-Examination of the DNA Expert, DNA: Defenders Need Answers Conference, Frankfort, KY — 2016.
- DNA Defense Theories, DNA: Defenders Need Answers, Frankfort, KY — 2016.
- Intro to DNA Evidence, DNA: Defenders Need Answers, Frankfort, KY — 2016.
- Electronic Evidence, DPA Eastern Regional CLE, Somerset, KY — 2015.
- Cell Phone Forensics, DPA Eastern Regional CLE, Somerset, KY — 2015.
- Win Your Worst Case, DPA Annual Conference CLE, Lexington, KY — 2015.
- Electronic Evidence, DPA Annual Conference CLE, Erlanger, KY — 2014.
- Visual Storytelling, DPA Annual Conference CLE, Erlanger, KY — 2014.
- The Zimmerman Verdict, UK College of Law Panel Discussion, 2013.