Have you been charged with prostitution or a prostitution-related offense in Lexington, KY? If so, you need an experienced Lexington pimping and pandering lawyer to represent you.
At Suhre & Associates, LLC, our lawyers stand up for the legal rights of individuals accused of crimes. We work to prove their innocence and protect their best interests throughout the criminal process. We are passionate about protecting your legal rights and interests to uphold the validity of the criminal justice system.
If you were charged with pandering or pimping, you could face severe punishments for a guilty verdict. Contact Suhre & Associates, LLC, at (859) 569-4014 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Lexington pimping and pandering attorneys.
Table of Contents
How Suhre & Associates, LLC Can Help if You’ve Been Charged With Pimping & Pandering in Kentucky
Our Lexington criminal defense attorneys at Suhre & Associates, LLC have over a century of combined experience handling criminal law cases. We understand what is at stake if you are charged with pimping and pandering. Therefore, we aggressively work to protect your reputation and freedom.
Prosecutors in Lexington take pimping and pandering charges seriously. They already believe you are guilty. Because our team of attorneys includes former police officers and prosecutors, we understand how the legal system treats these cases.
When you hire our awarding-winning, top-rated Lexington sex crimes lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Thoroughly investigate the criminal charges against you, including working with our own investigators
- Demand and review all evidence the prosecution has against you
- Advise you of your options for a legal defense
- File pre-trial motions to suppress evidence and dismiss the charges
- Fiercely fight to have the pimping and pandering charges dropped
- Negotiate fair plea deals if going to court on pandering and pimping charges is not the right choice in your case
It is in your best interest to hire an experienced Lexington criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Waiting too long to hire an attorney to defend pandering and pimping charges could hurt your chances of winning your case.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced pimping and pandering lawyer in Lexington, Kentucky.
Pimping and Pandering Charges in Lexington, KY
Pimping and pandering charges in Lexington are more commonly referred to as prostitution and promoting prostitution. If the case involves a minor, the suspect is charged with human trafficking.
Charges that you could face for pandering and pimping in Kentucky include:
- Prostitution, generally charged as a Class B misdemeanor
- Promoting prostitution, which is a wobbler that can be charged as a Class A misdemeanor or Class D felony
- Human trafficking, charged as a Class A, B, or C felony depending on the age of the victim and bodily injuries the victim sustained
- Promoting human trafficking, charged as a Class C felony or a Class D felony in cases where the victim is a minor
Each of the above pimping and pandering charges can result in severe criminal penalties. In addition, if you are found guilty, you may also be required to register with the sex offender registry.
The requirement to register depends on the facts of the case, including the charges filed and the victim’s age. Generally, if the case involves a minor, registration is required. In addition, cases involving human trafficking or promoting human trafficking also require registration with the sex offender registry.
The best way to protect your future is to hire a Lexington pimping and pandering attorney as soon as possible.
What Are the Potential Penalties for Pandering and Pimping Offenses in Lexington, KY?
The punishment for pimping and pandering in Lexington depends on the charges you face and the circumstances of the case. However, you could face jail time, fines, registration as a sex offender, and numerous collateral consequences.
- Class B misdemeanor – A maximum sentence of less than 90 days in county jail
- Class A misdemeanor – Jail time that ranges between 90 days to one year
- Class D felony – One to five years in state prison
- Class C felony – Five to ten years in state prison
- Class B felony – Ten to 20 years in state prison
- Class A felony – 20 years to life in prison
In addition to jail or prison sentences, you could also be fined thousands of dollars. The judge might also require community supervision after your release, which has numerous restrictions.
Defenses to Pimping and Pandering Charges in Kentucky
You need to fight charges of pandering and pimping aggressively. The charges could be based on false testimony from eyewitnesses, coercive interrogation practices, and unlawful entrapment.
The issue with law enforcement using questionable tactics to obtain evidence of prostitution offenses resulted in a Kentucky passing a corroboration law. The law prohibits a conviction of prostitution based solely on uncorroborated eyewitness testimony.
Our Lexington pimping and pandering lawyers investigate all matters related to your prostitution charges. We review every aspect of your case to determine if your constitutional rights were violated.
Defenses that could apply in a prostitution-related criminal include:
- Lack of probable cause for search warrants or arrests
- Filing motions to suppress evidence
- Arguing that the state does not have sufficient evidence to prove all elements of the crime
- Proving that law enforcement officers illegally entrapped you
Investigating and building a solid defense against pimping and pandering charges takes time. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to contact Suhre & Associates, LLC today to schedule your free consultation with one of our Lexington prostitution lawyers.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Lexington Pimping and Pandering Lawyers
Our Lexington pimping and pandering defense lawyers at Suhre & Associates, LLC, are highly-successful criminal defense attorneys. We use our extensive resources and expertise to fight for your innocence. Our legal team can defend you against any and all prostitution charges you are facing, including pandering and pimping.
Call now for a free case review with an experienced Lexington criminal defense attorney.